Monday, April 30, 2007

4 weeks, 2 days


Rebecca is gaining weight and doing well. She is over 9 lbs now. I have created a blog for her with lots of pics and news. I was able to get back into my jeans last week. They aren't comfortable, but they do go on. I have about 10lbs to get off after 4 weeks. I consider it not too bad. I'm pumping and bottle feeding the breast milk and formula to Becca. She wasn't getting enough food before. The research that I've done seems to hint that my growth hormone deficiency could be responsible, but even without that Becca doesn't latch on very well. After a month of her screaming every feeding because she is fustrated, I have decided its enough. She will have to be a formula fed baby. She'll get added breast milk for 2 more weeks because they say the first 6 weeks are the most important and then I'm done. I'm trying to not be disappointed but its still there.

1 Comments:

At 8:39 AM, Blogger Kate said...

I know its tough giving up the breast feeding thing, but I know you are making the right decision. Better for her considering the situation.

I'm thinking about all of you. I can't wait to meet her someday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home